Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

wOw, I stink at this.

SO, have I mentioned life is good?

It pretty much is.

Not that we don't have super crummy days/weeks/months, but over all, life is good.

Probably because GOD is great.

School has started and the one thing I regret is not having Boo read every week during the summer.  Catching up has been the pits.  But she is getting there slowly but surely.  She has her issues, but we will over come.  It will take her longer to learn and do thing than her little sister, but we shall over come anyway.

On the other hand, Missy-Girl is flying in her reading.  She catches on so much faster and better.  I am as proud of her as I am of Boo who has to work hard for everything.

Yup.  School is in full swing.  Son #2 is finally taking his schooling seriously.  For the most part.  It is something I have been working on and praying for for years.  As I have mentioned before, I really want to make it so he can go to college if he wants to, but at the end of the day, it is his efforts that are going to make it happen.

On another note, teaching this boy just basic morals and life skills is going to kill me.

He is worth all the heartache.

I have never understood people who let their kids determine their own truths.  Sometimes I can't help but think they have to be the laziest, stupidest ( I know not a real word...), most uncaring parents on the face of the earth.  But I have to let that go.  You have to teach them, and then they can decide for themselves.  Free will, baby.

But not even giving them a chance??!?

Man, that makes me insane.



Moving on.

Reagan is getting bigger by the minute!!

She is so cute and she started her obedience school yesterday.

Kipper is trying to figure out what we were thinking.




She has the sweetest face, and she is so good.  We can walk her around the yard without a leash, and she can hang out in the front of the house with us, enjoying the great outdoors and not try to run away.

She really is delightful.

We booked our trip for our 30th anniversary in January!!!

We are going to Iceland!!


After booking and getting everything, I thought maybe I should check the weather.

I thought it said -25F.  I just about fell out of my chair, thinking I had made the biggest mistake ever.  Thankfully, I was wrong.  It is just about the same as here.

The only thing is there are only 5 1/2 hours of daylight when we go.

Since we just couldn't afford to go to my dream place on earth ( Patagonia) we did the next thing we both always wanted to do:

Go see The Northern Lights with our own 4 eyes.

I am so excited and can't wait.  John is thrilled, even if he has to fly.

It will be good.

After doing the research for Patagonia and finding no good deals or hope, he asked me...'why don't we just go to Europe or something?'

Europe just seems so...

Well, I would have had a good time, but I wanted to go someplace that was naturally beautiful.  A place that you can walk out and be amazed by nature and you mind blown away by GOD's imagination.

I think Iceland will do it.




So, I got a smart phone.

Woe to me.

My husband made me get it.

I had already picked out my new nifty slider phone.  I was thrilled!!!  Then he showed up at the phone store and popped my bubble.

We had a 'discussion' in front of GOD and everybody, and not realizing it until our 'discussion' was over 20 minutes later, we sure made a scene that was entertaining to the workers and customers alike. 

:P

Whatever.

It still sits on my purse and not my pocket.  I still wear a watch. I have yet to hold it for days on end like I see most SP people do.

I DO like instagram.

:)

But I could have just checked it on hubby's phone ever few days.

Now I have my own account.  :D

OK, that is fun.  But that is about it.

Oh, and texting is easier than my old flip phone. 

I don't have my facebook on it.  Sheesh, who needs that much access to FB at all times??!?!

Speaking of FB, my niece was telling me how you can be tracked down and stalked on FB by undesirables, including the government.

Though I let her tell me, I kept thinking, I thought everybody knew that!!

I mean just owning a cell phone can do that.  No facebook/smartphone needed.

In fact, I know so many others things that can keep tabs on us it is terrifying.

But at the same time, I am pretty sure everyone in my family has been flagged by the gov. at this point.   :P  I would be surprised if we are not. I would happy, but like I said...I'm pretty sure it is a done deal.

I think it is funny when people take measurements to hide themselves, as though it worked.

The only way to do that is to have no computer/ cell phone/ telephone/ tablet or iPad/ gps /onstar/ just about everything that is connected. 

To think that you can hide, is almost laughable. 

Except that I would like to think that, too.  LOL.

Or I should say, in my ignorance, I would like to think I am not important enough for anyone to care.

Which is true, but should they care...it will take no effort on their part to find me.

Seriously.

Few people are that good at hiding.  Or have the resources to do so.



WHOA!

This post is way too long!!!

Until next time...

seek HIM deeply.

It is always worth the effort.

















No comments: