Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I was watching the debate about Obamacare that are going on this week.

Let me rephrase that.

My son was watching the Obamacare debates that are going on this week.  I was listening to them while doing stuff.

I had no intention of doing that.  Quite frankly, I can't care too much.  If I do, I will go insane.  I will get so angry and frustrated and the ignorance and stupidity of the choice we, as a nation, made on election night.

I get so angry at the double speak of our politicians.  At the 'look how good we are doing as a nation.' ( Yes I know I said good, it is what they were saying.  :P )

Still, I was glad I listened to it.  It kind of inspires me that maybe DC is not completely full of foolish/what's-another-word-for-idiot people. Mind you it is full, but not completely full.

Unfortunately, the majority weighs in.

Oh well.

Anyway, moving on.  I am teaching Spanish 1 to my son.  I dreaded it when I taught the older children.  One learned it, the other probably can't say 'Hola!'

This one, on the other hand, well... it has been quite fun!  WhO KnEw??!??!  Maybe because he has been wanting to learn it for so long.  Maybe because he wants to impress his grandparents, and saying his first sentence ( Can I please have food?) makes him feel like a million bucks.  No matter why, it can only get more fun as time goes on.  He is proud of his hispanic heritage.  Actually, all my kids are.  I made sure.

Let me back-track here a little bit.

I have a multi- cultural family.

People ask me how I can possibly raise an African American child?  Will she feel black?  Will she support her people?  Will she understand her heritage?  The same people never ask those things about our Chinese daughter.

To which I say...duh.

Our goal with our kids is for them to love their heritage, be identified by it, but NOT defined by it.

See obviously you are identified by it.  Look at us!!  But they should never define us.  Our faith should define us.  Will she support her people?  Of course!!  As will our Asian child.  They will support the human race.  Those are their people.  Will she feel black?  I don't know.  I have yet to figure out what feeling hispanic feels or looks like.  Is it prejudice that will be experienced?  I have had prejudice thrown at me for being hispanic/Christian/a stay at home mom/homeschooling/holistic/not thin.

Whatever.

The girls will learn to discern stupidity and move on.  Prejudice people will hate and if it is not your skin color/eyes/gender/whatever, they will find something else.  Prejudice comes from insecurity and ignorance.

AND not for nothing, the girls are also learning Spanish.  They are so excited every time they go to my parents.  They are chomping at the bit to learn it so they can converse with my mom & me.  And watch the soaps with my mom and actually understand them.

Seriously...

What kind of hispanic-chinese-africans will they be without it??!!??!



Moving on.

 The Emmys were last night!  Right??!!  Am I wrong?  To tell you the truth, I don't even know what  kind of award that is.  Music?  Tv? Broadway?  Who knows.  Who cares.  Last night, we had pupusas for dinner and life was good!

I went to my daughter's new house and once again, thought..."GOD is good!"

I laughed at the girls' 5 & 6 year old made up jokes, and laughed, not because they were funny, but because they couldn't stop laughing and that was funny.

SO, politicians?  They need our prayers.

Obamacare?  Maybe it will drive us to our knees.

Heritage? Love it, but don't let it rule you.

Life?  GOD is good.













No comments: