Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

First Day of School

Today is this Family's 1st day of school.

It is actually this Family's - 23rd first day of school.

By my calculations I have 11 of these to go before I can retire!!!!

Which got me thinking...HoLy MosEs.  I try not to think too hard on this, but I will be...57!!!!

57.

That is a pretty darn high number if you ask me.

Probably the reason no one is asking me.

I would really like to have a moment of silence as we think about this, and I would like to have a 'woe-to-me'  pity party.














Thank you.  I appreciate it.

On to bigger and different things.

Samuel is in high school.

Who knew this moment would sneak up on me so quickly.  I was driving the other day and passed a far from home pharmacy, which reminded me of the year when he turned one year old, and we spent the day before in the hospital because he had pneumonia.  It honestly didn't seem like that long ago.

:::Sigh::: now he is taller, stronger, more snarky than I am.

Sheesh.

Randomness:

I am thinking of taking up drinking coffee.

Seriously, my husband is a morning person.  I am not.

So he wakes up and starts conversations, discussions and arguments as I am trying to focus my eyes to the ceiling above my bed without my glasses on.

Obviously he 'wins' these conversations and arguments.  :P

It's like if I did that while he was snoring on the couch at 9pm.  I could run circles around him and don't even have to make sense!!!!  I could prove my point without much effort.

But if I drank coffee...!!!!!!

Still thinking on it, though.  I tend to be addited to it, which is why I haven't had any is 24 years.

We will see.

I have been thinking about coloring my gray.  I think I am almost decided that I am going to pass.  I think I will let the gray take over. For now and probably a few more years.

 Right now, it is just in the front.  Maybe I will color later, maybe not.

But...who needs that kind of maintanance??!!??!  I have friends who go every 6 weeks to get their roots done or a totally new color.

If you know anything about me, 6 weeks of maintanance for the rest of my life is just not my cup of tea.  Or my cup of anything for that matter.  I should take better care of myself, but I think I will take better care of myself in the health department.

Speaking of...

I am praying about doing a small-ish triatholon.  WAY smaller than the regular one.  My crazy daughter is all excited about it.  We will see.  If I do it, I think the swimming part is going to be the worst. Who am I kidding?  I don't have to think it, it WILL be the worst part.  I hate swimming.  More than running.

Why do I do these things??!!??!

Because I can't.  So I make myself.  And I gripe all through the training.  And I scowl at people when they talk about it, refusing to add anything to the conversation. And I blame said daughter for my misery. And I curse myself for signing up when I wake up at 6am to go to the gym. And I drag Samuel out of bed to go with me because misery loves company, doggone it, and someone should be as miserable as I am.

And then I cross the finish line.

And it was all worth it.

Even if everyone else finished long ago, I still did it.

SO...starting Monday, the training begins.

Ending on this note:


FOOTBALL STARTS TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!

WOO-HOO!!!

GOD is good.  All the time.








1 comment:

Janet and Kevin said...

57 looks really young from my perspective! I will be 55 in November - the interstate speed limit! We are just a wonderful 50-something-ish person! :)