Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Speaking of Survival

Speaking of surviving life...

I hum.

It used to ( may still) drive my mother nuts when I was young, when life would be falling apart around me, or I would be in the process of being disciplined, lectured, whatever, and I would start to hum.

I didn't even notice it until she told me to just STOP IT.  In her own words. lol.

I just start to hum, maybe to escape my reality, overpower my moment and be transported to another thought, who knows.

I still hum.

ALL THE TIME.

It may or may not drive my husband nuts, too.  I still don't notice that I am doing it.

Life is h.a.r.d. and just doesn't seems to get any easier.  Better sometimes, maybe even good.  But always hard.

Now, I hum hymns.

Hymns are my anchor.

They are my survival mechanism.

I love, love, love hymns.

Worship music is good, enjoyable, yes, can take you to the Throne of the Almighty.  But they will never take the place of hymns in my heart.  Hymns are so meaty, so thelologically powerful.

My anchor.

My favorite hymn:


But seriously, who can''t love Rock of Ages, How Great Thou Art, Blessed Assurance, Sweet Hour of Prayer, Amazing Grace, Holy Holy Holy, Be Thou My Vision, This is My Father's World, It Is Well With My Soul, The Old Rugged Cross...

Whoa, this list will take all night.

Anyway, humming helps me survive.  It keeps Jesus close.  It transports me to peace.

It takes me to HIS Throne.

Here is the interesting part:

Yesterday, while doing school, Elly-Bug was humming.   A hymn.

Life is good.








No comments: