Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

veganism, oils and life.

Let me begin by saying I am not a vegan.

Not even a vegetarian.

But by default, I am living a vegan/vegetarian lifestyle.

Granted the children and I DO eat meat ( mostly chicken) about twice a week.  Sometimes even 3x!!  WOO-HOO!

It has been about 9 months since my husband went vegan.  In that time I have had to come up with way too many creative things to do with beans.

My husband is not only a vegan, but a soy less vegan.

See...most vegan cookbooks I got out of the library, and I am thankful they have great ones, assume that you use soy.  SO their recipes, which look amazing, cannot be done for this man.

I should get a medal or something for putting up with this and actually making it happen.

Because quite frankly, it makes me crazy.

During this time, I am getting a fair education on natural living.  I have been wanting to do this for decades.  But the love of my life was not interested.  At the time.

Now, not only do we try to eat healthier, organic and smarter, but also how we deal with things that DO come up.  Such as colds, the flu, stomach viruses, etc.

It has been about 2 years since we have had over the counter meds.  OR prescription medication.

Not that we haven't gotten sick or had issues.  But now we deal with them naturally.  And it has been fantastic!!

Some people have accused us of being fanatics and deviating from GOD because of this.

I find that funny in a sad kind of way.  Starting with the fact that I have NEVER pushed our lifestyle on people.  If they are interested, we can talk, but if not, I say nothing.  I know no one can convince anyone else to their side.  It has to be desired.

And HEY... did not GOD give this to us?  Did HE not provide natural cures for HIS people just for the taking?  And yet, how does taking prescription meds more GODLY?

duh.

I watch football.  I love football.  There show allopathic commercials  during games.  Samuel and I always time how long the warnings are.  There has never been a time when the warnings did not last WAY longer than the benefits.  It has become a game for us.  Almost laughable if not for the fact that millions of people are calling their doctors and ask for said medication.  Then it is no longer funny but tragic.

Now don't get me wrong, I am thankful for allopathic medicine in some instances, for example if my child breaks his or her arm, I do not want to go to the emergency room and have someone say, 'here eat an apple'.  duh.

I just think too often, there are things we can do to benefit our body first, way many more natural options before  trying to fix it and not harm it else where.

Moving on...

Like I mentioned before, I signed up for 1/2 marathon #4.

I think I am crazy.  And maybe a little delusional.  OR maybe just a glutton for punishment.

OR maybe I will not go to the gym unless there is a goal to reach.  And to show just how pathetic I am, before you think I am this person who has their act together ( HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA) getting in shape is not a good enough reason for me to wake up at 5:45 in the morning to go to the gym.

No sirree.  There has to be a GOOD reason to get up that early.

The SUPER HERO 1/2 is it....

Seriously, I CANNOT WAIT to wear a cape!!!

In honor of doing this, my daughter got me a book.

How to Train Like A Mother.


If it wasn't that she is so excited, and she is a natural runner herself,  I would think she was evil.

And hey, why is there not a book called How To Train Like A Grandmother?

I should write it.

The first chapter would be called, "Are you 7 Kinds of Stupid??!!??"  And the second, " Put Down The Running Shoes and Go Bake Some Cookies."

Now thats my kind of book!!!













No comments: