Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Slug on a Rug

I hate running/power walking.  I really do.

Or training.

Or waking up at 5:50am to go to the JCC to train when it is freezing outside. Or even when it is nice.

Or signing up for races that force me to actually have to do this.

BUT, I like the feeling of achievement.

Accomplishment.

Personal best.


It is true...

I am a walking oxymoron.

So, here is 1/2 marathon #4.

Daughter #1 came over and I felt utterly lethargic and slug-on-a-rug-gish, so I asked her to look up a 1/2 for me for the Spring.  Then I changed my mind and asked for a 10k.

She ( who has done marathons and everything in between, and being the crazy runner who runs even when she is pregnant!  On purpose!!) told me not to back down and go for the top.

So, come May 19th, I will be running the Super Hero 1/2 Marathon!!!

I need me a cape, because doggone it, if its super hero race, I am going to run in a cape.

Now, to decide what kind of cape...

Batman?

Superman?

Green Lantern?

Capt. America?

Spiderman?

Do 1/2 these guys even HAVE capes??!!??!

Maybe, I just need a hobbit cape.  After all, I will probably be as clumsy and slow as a hobbit.  :P

We shall see.

So come tomorrow morning, it is off to the gym.  I will probably be grumbling and irritated that I signed up.

Annoyed that my daughter was so quick to encourage the insanity.

Angry that it is so darn cold.

But it will get me out there, out of the house, and back to getting in shape.  ish.








No comments: