Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, June 22, 2013

All My Children

Confession #5,890,345,703,498,534 for the year :

Yes, there was a time when my older children were babies, that I watched a soap opera.  Of course that being All My Children.

I remember the moment I realized I was addicted.  I had been watching it for about a year, when I was on the phone with the pediatrician.  I was making an appointment and when she gave me a few time options, I picked the one that would not conflict with my soap.

After I hung up the phone, I realized what I did.  From that moment on, I stopped watching it.  I was NOT going to live and revolve my life around A SOAP OPERA!!!  WhAt??!!?

And yes, I was a Christian at the time.  Man, those things are so deceptive, it takes about 10 minutes to get you hooked and 5 more minutes to numb your morals.

Sad, but true.

Now, being the random crazy-headed person that I am, I told you that story for absolutely no reason at all.

True story.

Actually, I was going to talk about the fact that all my children were here for dinner tonight.


And I have to say, it was pretty awesome.  I grilled and we ate outside.  It was the perfect evening, with a cool breeze and beautiful moon.  The boys made a video which lasted 15 seconds TOPS, but took them about 45 minutes to make.  It was hilarious!!!  Poor April, she gets talked into 'doing her part', but she is a good sport about it.  If I knew how to grab something from instagram and put it on here, I would.  But I don't, so I won't.

VBS starts next week!  I mean all of 36 hours from now!  We are ready!!!!!!

The stuff that has been happening has been ridiculous and quite frankly, you would probably laugh at the crazy road blocks behind the scenes.  But in 36ish hours, we will have a whole passel of children walk through our doors, and we will have the opportunity to present to them Truths, Hope, Love, GOD , HIMSELF.  

Totally worth all the drama.

The girls are about jumping out of their skin with excitement.  This is Christian's first, and Elly has been talking it up so much, she can hardly wait.  It is a constant, " How much more time, mommy?"

I finally told her a long time.  Since she just can't wait, even an hour more will feel like forever for the poor child.

GOD is good.

I need to go do the dishes and go to bed.  It has been a week of putting out fires and calming panic attacks.

And now I am tired.

I pray you have a restful Lord's Day, and seek HIM deeply.





1 comment:

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

Oh my goodness...I used to be an avid AMC watcher too! And umm, yeah...I had a sudden huge moment of conviction to stop watching it also. So glad to be rid of that addictive garbage!

Enjoy VBS! Sounds soooo fun!