Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 29, 2018

Someone thought it was a good idea that I teach the high school government class. Probably because I am a government addict. But now I am all in. We have a phenomenal textbook, and even though it’s a college text book, the kids can read it just fine, and understand it well. I love this stuff. 

It is my true belief that every single child that is graduating high school should have a solid knowledge of our constitution( maybe even read it 😜 ) and understand how it works. Maybe we wouldn’t  have so many problems in our nation today. 

Now don’t get me wrong. Though I am a part of a certain political party, all people, regardless of party affiliations should know their rights, and know their rules. I’m all for freedom of choice. But don’t make statements that are so blatantly ignorant because you have ‘ heard’ what people are saying, as opposed to knowing the real facts.   

Facts don’t care about your feelings. 

We are now a nation of feelings. 

Which is why we are weak and wrecked. 

Ok. Off my soap box. Because people, I could have a whole daily blog on politics. 

So there you go. 

On a better note, my 4th child turned 11 yesterday!!! 

Eleven. That’s 2 years from teen years. Five years from a drivers permit. Seven years from being a legal adult. All these numbers are less than the 8 years she has been embedded in our hearts. And people, THAT TIME FLEW BY!!!!

My little girl is becoming a young lady. Smart and gentle. Loves her GOD and seeks to be a better human. Her strength is in her perseverance and her hope is in her surrender. 

What’s not to love. 

She’s not perfect. But she is ours. And she is perfect for our family. 

We gave her The Hobbit and the LOTR trilogy for her birthday. ( other things too ) and she just about ran to her room to get started. 

Because she has wanted to read them for forever. 

So. I was reading the news this morning and according to a combination of statistics, they came up with the most dangerous state. I know what you’re thinking. NJ for sure. Right?  Wrong! I know!  I was shocked, too!  It’s Alaska!  

What the what?!?

It’s to darn cold to be dangerous. Well. There you go. NJ didn’t even make it to the top 5.  Go figure. We are shocked. We’re used to the mockery and out downs. Eh. Rolls off our backs. If they’re true , we own it. If they’re not, we know we’re talking to stupid people or worth wasting our time trying to convince them of the truth. But still.  Alaska?!?   Really?!??


Ok.  Girls are done with their grammar. Back to schooling.  Be good. Be holy. Be true. 

No comments: