Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 8, 2018

Taking stock

This past Sunday(yesterday) I went to my best friend’s from high school dad’s memorial service.  He was one of those cool beings.  He was the captain of a ship for decades.  He even looked the part.  Tall and lanky, beard, pipe, blonde.  I always thought he was one of the coolest men I knew.

I haven’t seen my friend in decades either.  We keep in touch through email and Facebook.  The ridiculous part is that we live less than 1/2 hour from each other.  Sheesh.  Make an effort! ( talking to myself )

Well, it was time well spent.  I have thought many times to pop in and say hi to them.  The parents.  They live right down the street from my parents. My parents live 7 minutes away from me.  I always meant to ask her if they still lived there.  Never did either.

I did tell her mom yesterday I would pop in, she was so happy to hear that.

This Sunday reminded me of something. Time to take stock about the important things.

I don’t understand people who cut themselves off. I have to respect their rejection, but I don’t understand it.  Rejection is a harsh word, but keeping it real, here.

Taking stock.  It’s part of my effort to be more intentional.  I can’t do everything I want, but I can do more than I have been doing. I have to be intentional about life.  About people. About my faith.

Life is passing me by and I’m watching it.  Time to stop watching it and start living it.

On another note, we celebrated another Gotcha Day!  Our Chinese peanut has been part of our family/hearts/lives for 8 years. I don’t remember life without her.  Which is right.

And it has been butt cold around here for way too long.  Seriously way too long.  There is a reason we don’t live in Vermont.  That’d be it.  But this week it’s suppose to go back to the 30s during the day and the teens at night.  That’s more like it. It’s been in the single digits during the day and below -5 at night. NOT COOL, PEOPLE!

Ok. Back to school. I have to finish my class for today while one does her math and the other finished writing.

Speaking of school, we are doing a whole new program next year and the research for that is a killer.  Pray for me if you think of it.

Be true.  And seek HIM deeply.

 Woof. 



No comments: