Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, March 18, 2013

Irish by Default

I do not have a drop of Irish in me.

But I have become a well educated person of most things Irish.

I tell my husband I am forced to feel Irish by default.  And by 'default' I mean it is his fault.

Mind you, I am not one of those people who wish they were Irish.  I am quite delighted by my own Hispanic roots.  Love them, in fact!!!

Anyway, St. Paddy's Day is his favorite holiday.  Kind of like Thanksgiving in our home.  Big meal with the whole family.

Samuel asked us all to smile.  Then he proceeded to take 3 minutes to take the actual picture.  

Hence the reason I look deranged.  One can only say "cheeeeeeeeeese" for so long before it becomes painful.



Our son in law said cheese for about 1/2 a second then continued to thoroughly enjoy the corned beef & cabbage.  Until he got semi-sick.  Totally worth it, though.

And yes, I know that the Irish don't really eat corned beef and started to do so when they came to 
America, when they were poor and this was a good enough piece of meat.



Our African/Chinese growing up Irish/Hispanic American girls:


They may or may not need therapy because of this when they get older.   lol.  

And how much did they love their 'Fancy Nancy' shamrock necklaces??!!?

Fancy Nancy is a beloved character in our home.

Our new daughter-in-law introduced her to us.  <3



 It is snowing tonight.

AGAIN.

ugh.

I am done with winter.  I am usually done with winter on Dec. 26.  And snow. Don't get me started on how I feel about snow.  It borders on not being Christ-like.  So I will stop.

But everyone else in my house couldn't wait to go outside.

The background here looks mysterious.  Cool actually.


And the 742nd snowman of the season.


Fine, maybe the 4th or 5th.  

Both these girls came from tropical locations.

Why do they love the snow so much??!!??!!??!














No comments: