Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, April 25, 2013

I Want to Make Sure I Remember.

Whoa!  2 post in a row!!

Maybe I have too much time on my hands?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Ok, moving on.

This one is for me.  I want to remember this.

I am reading a book by Dave Kirby

I discovered Dave Kirby long ago.  He is a regular contributor to the NY Times.  I have enjoyed/learn from/ been challenged by his writings.  I also got a book of his over a year ago about vaccines as I
 was doing some research on pro/con.

Like I said, I like him.  Very thorough, smart, and not afraid of the truth.  Willing to be challenged and teachable.

I never knew he was a Christian until about 6 months ago.

I happen to be looking for another book of his when I saw this title that cause me to stop in my tracks.

Actually, it bothered me because the title is so...hard to take.  Specially from someone who I did not know was a Christian until I started reading the book.

ANYWAY, I bought the book on my nook because I was willing to hear what he had to say.

And it was hard.

But true.

Because he, too, struggles with this truth.  And did not want to write this book.  And did so out of obedience.



This is for me.

This is so I remember.

Most of the selfishness that passes for modern Christianity is an abomination before a Holy GOD.

Our growth and acceptance in the market place can be attributed more to marketing than GOD's blessing.

Instead of being the hands of Jesus reaching out to embrace a filthy world, we have taken it upon ourselves to become GOD's public relations firm.

If we can shine GOD up enough and make HIM interesting enough, people will flock to HIM.  If we can make our music sound like their music then they will accept it and hear about GOD. If we can make our church service more interesting and professional, then they'll show up and hear about GOD.

Whoa.

Where did we lose our focus? Our truth? Our humility?

This is from Chapter 1.

The book pretty much brings you through to fire and leaves you there.

Which is not a bad place to be.  After all, did HE not say, HE is our refiner?  And how does one refine if not through the fire??

This is the second time I am reading this book.

The first time I read it to see what he had to say.  Now I am reading it more slowly to see what HE has to say.

I will probably post on here as I go, to remind myself.

Because my brain is like a sieve.  :P

I think I will have my youngest son read it this summer.

See what HE has to say to him.





No comments: