Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, May 25, 2013

My Plank

I have a plank.  I am sure if it was visible to the human eye, it is a very decent plank, probably painted and decorated.  Something others could admire in order to take away the reality of what it really is.

As I am also sure that to GOD's eye, it is ugly, full of worms and vomit, rotted and yet still strong.

It is well inbedded in my eye and I am wondering how on earth I find it so comfortable.

For those of you wo have no idea what I am talking about:

Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? ~ Matthew 7:3


GOD is good, though.  HE, in HIS infinite love, doesn't let me go too far or too long staring at other's dust.  I 'periodically' look in the mirror and sigh.  Deeply.  I pray for this.  I am thankful that I am constantly reminded of just how much I need HIM.  Every single hour.

My soul hurts.

It grieves me of how much I fail HIM.

And then, at one point, after my pity party, it rejoices; because HE IS.

HE is my Reddemer.  My King.  My GOD. My Saviour.  My Hope.  My Strength.  My Direction.  My Courage.  My Healer. My Everything.

I am always sad for those who reject HIM.  I know they think they don't need HIM.  To this, the thought comes...' Yes you are a pretty good individual, probably better than me, but HOW MUCH BETTER YOUR LIFE WOULD BE WITH HIM THAN WITHOUT HIM.

That is just here on earth.

This doesn't even begin to touch life after death.

 But, you can't make 'em.  Free will, Baby.

I am also sad that we as Christians reject HIM.  In the sense that we pick and chose which of HIS teachings we will follow.


ANYWAY, the point is, my prayer is(...and yes there is an elevated beating of my heart, a twinge of fear as to what it will look like, a sense of doom) keep my humble, keep me true.

And all of those things happen.  All the time.  Tears flow fast and furious.  Heart breaks repeatedly.  Feelings are devastated. Thoughts of taking the prayers back flood my heart, mind and soul.  Anger is manifested.


But at the end of the day, there is only thankfulness.

DURING the day...not so much.

At the end of the day...   <3


I saw my plank again this morning.

Thank you, Jesus.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.



No comments: