Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Things that make you go...huh.

I am starting to think that maybe we Jersey people have an accent.

MAYBE.

I still think we speak real English, as we ARE the Northeast, where the pilgrims came, so we MUST talk the right way.

Elly is learning to read.  She loves it.  But she is SO technical.  We were reading yesterday and there are pictures in between words and it asks if the picture has a short a sounds.  There was a picture of a hand.

She said no.  It was not a short a.   Clearly she was wrong.  So I repeated the question several times until she looked at me like I was a dolt as she said NO yet again.

So I asked her what it was.  She said it is not short a.  It is a short e AND a short a.

See.. she talks like me. And her father.  And her brother.  She says it he-and.  It is a heand. Not a hand.  And a pe-an, not a pan.  In fact when I said (painstakingly) pan, she laughed at me.  And forget it...when we get to water (whoader)  and dog (doag), well, I have to teach her she basically has to throw some of the technical phonics out the window and talk like we were meant to.

OK FINE.

Maybe she will talk like a non Jersey girl.

You know...I never had this problem with the other 3 kids when we were learning how to read.

HUH.

My husband asked me if he could shave his beard!

Like...in what planet would I EVER say yes to that question??!!??!

I am just thankful he asked and didn't just shave like he has in the past.  I go into a mourning period when he does that.

Again he asked me why??

I don't know why I like beards.  Neither my father or grandfather had beards.  Ever.  But I remember telling my grandfather way back when we lived with them, before we moved to this country, that I wanted to marry a man with a beard.

HUH.

About 4 years ago, I decided that I was only going to read the Gospels, the Words of Jesus for a year.  That's it.  Nothing else.  I actually ended up doing it for 2 years.  I miss them.  I am back to reading everything again, but I miss that time.  I think for Lent this year, I will do that again.

I know that the whole Bible is the Words of GOD.  But something about what HE said while he walked this earth... I LOVE it.  I grew so much.  And I miss it.

I got the Geneva Bible.

I am reading it parallel to the NKJV, the NIV and the Holman.  Interesting stuff, some of the contrasts.

There are certainly some things that make you go...

HUH.

I need to go to OK.

Seriously.

I do.






No comments: