Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, December 2, 2012

We are in the teens! And random thoughts.

So, 19 days from today, my oldest son is getting married!

It is quite a change to be the mother of the groom as opposed to when I was the MOB.

Not bad, but dog-gone super easy.

I am feeling kind of bad and useless, but is reality, it is what it is.

Funny, our daughter got married on the 4th of July, and now our son is getting married 4 days before Christmas.

I hope our next child who gets married does it on a date like August 4.  NOTHING happens in August.

I mean n.o.t.h.i.n.g.  

Still, I have to admit, this Christmas wedding is looking and sounding just... beautiful.

Which reminds me, I should go pick up the girls' flower girl dresses!  Holy Moses, I forgot about them!!!


We missed Sunday School today.  It was not intentional, but when my husband pulls out his trumpet and starts playing Christmas music on it ( he is a FANTASTIC player and I love to hear him play) and the girls' eyes pop out of their heads in fascination, and then they start singing along, and laughing and calling out requests...

well, these are the things life are made out of.  These are the moments they will remember.

And how can I pull them away from that??!!?

Our chickens are doing well.

And by that I mean they have not frozen to death.


As far as laying, well the production has gone down a bit in the cold.  I thinking I am going to request the love of my life  to put in a big window in their coop.  And maybe insulated it better.  That may help.

But I love this picture.   It just doesn't get more real than this.




We had a date tonight!! 

It has been tooooooo long.  We went out to dinner and a movie.

My Steelers were playing; I refused to start watching the game.  If I started, I would not have walked away from it.  I would have said...let's go after, and then, he would have been too tired.

I even refused to find out the score.  Again, if it was close, I would have sneaked a peek and that would have been that.

And I am glad we went.

My husband was looking particularly handsome tonight.  It was nice to see his face without the distractions of children chattering and needing something or another during dinner.

Mind you, I am not complaining about dinner with the children, just enjoying the quiet and the view.

:D

It is too cold.  I wish we lived in the south west.  I am tired of being cold already and it is just barely December. 

By the middle of February, I just don't even want to get out of bed.  I get cold to the bones, and it takes forever and 1/2 hour to get semi-warm again.  I say again as if I was ever warm in the first place. lol.

Ok, it is time for bed. 

Tomorrow is the beginning of a new week, new possibilities, new hopes, and bringing us closer to that special date, when my son and my future daughter in law become one in HIM!






No comments: